DRYER VENT CLEANING SERVICES
A clogged dryer vent is not only unsafe but can be costly to the occupants. Cleaning of the dryer vent is often overlooked, but a very important step in maintaining your home or building. When you get your dryer vent cleaned this will remove all the debris that has built up over time and free the duct line for proper airflow.
According to the U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), a full load of wet clothes can contain up to one and a half gallons of water. With the drying process:
- Moisture is removed along with tiny fibers (lint)
- Lint and other debris accumulate in dryer vent ductwork
- Dark, moist ductwork becomes an ideal breeding ground for mold
The risk of a fire starting from your dryer to your home is probable with a clogged dryer vent line. According to a recent FEMA study, 28% of residential clothes dryer fires were caused by dust, fiber and lint. Every year, an estimated 2,900 clothes dryer fires are causing an estimated 5 deaths, 100 injuries and $35 million in property loss.
Our Cleaning Process
- A trained Clean Air People professional technician will test the dryer and the current airflow coming from the duct line (if a dryer is currently installed) to diagnose how clogged a dryer vent line.
- The dryer vent line is disconnected and cleaned from both ends with a rotating mechanical brush and/or our air whip system.
- The lint trap and dryer blower fan are cleaned.
- The dryer vent line is put back together and tested to ensure the dryer is working properly and that adequate airflow is being exhausted.
A good rule of thumb is to have your dryer vent and air duct cleaning performed at the same time. A Clean Air People professional has the right equipment and expertise to do the job right the first time.